The TooManyAborted.com campaign centers on where abortion’s impact has been the most devastating, statistically–the black community. This national billboard/web campaign generated massive media coverage (from The NY Times, LA Times, CNN, ABC World News with Diane Sawyer, Fox News, JET Magazine, The Atlantic Monthly, the AP) illuminating the issue of abortion and statistics never recently revealed in mainstream media.
In 1973, the Supreme Court ruled (7-2) that a woman has the right to abort her child using the same Amendment (the 14th) that finally ascribed humanity to black Americans. Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton were ruled on that same day by our highest court, allowing the killing of an unborn child throughout the entire pregnancy, reshaping our nation’s moral landscape for decades to come. Most don’t know even the basic facts surrounding the legalization of abortion in our country (as evidenced in the recent NBC/WSJ poll where 41% of those polled didn’t even know what Roe v. Wade is). This presentation reveals some shocking information about what is now more than a billion dollar industry and illuminates the truth behind decades of easily disprovable propaganda. In a sensitive approach toward individuals, this presentation exposes an industry that profits from destruction and kills beautiful hope and possibility.
Possible topics covered (depends on length/nature of event):
- Defining Human Worth – from secular or theological perspectives
- History of the Birth Control Movement (Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood)
- American Eugenics Movement
- Sanger’s “The Negro Project”
- Roe v. Wade – The Unconstitutional Travesty of Justice
- Truth vs. Propaganda
- Planned Parenthoood, Population Control and the lie of “Reproductive Freedom”
- Abortion, Poverty, Healthcare Disparities, Fatherlessness
- Compassion for the unborn, mothers and fathers.
- Original Song “Meant to Be”
- Online and Local Resources